| ITALIAN AMERICAN CIVIC ASSOCIATION|
* The IACA Scholarship Program is a formally documented advertised and
administered by a scholarship committee.
* Scholarship apphcants come from three avenues:
- Guidance Department at Vero Beach High School
- Guidance Department at Vero Beach Charter High School
- IACA member relatives
* Scholarship applicants are recommended by appropriate school officials and may self-nominate.
* Scholarship applicants complete an application identifying their name, address, phone number, birthdate,
date of graduation, father's name, living/deceased, occupation (if living), mothers name, living/deceased,
occupation (if living), living with both parents (if not - whom), any physical illinesses or injuries, cumulative
GPA, class rank, class size, college choice, anticipated major, anticipated expenses, family adjusted
gross income (beginning © $15,000 with $5,000 increments to over $50,000), number in family, number
of siblings in college, jobs held, whether the student saved toward education.
* Applications are reviewed by each member of scholarship committee independently. Committee then meets to evaluate students.
* Scholarship committee members utilize the following ten (10) point system:
- GPA --4 points GPA 3.81+
3 points GPA 3.2 -3.7
2 points GPA 2.75-3.1
- Extra Curricular school activities - 2 points
- Community volunteerism -2 points
- Workin9 - 1 point
- Saving - 1 point (it family income is less than $26,000- 1 point given even if
no savings - presuming student is contrubuting to family demands.